About 1000 Smiles
1000 Smiles is in it’s twelfth year of treating patients. As a third world country Jamaicans’ access to dental care is a huge problem. Less than 10% of Jamaicans have access to a dentist, leaving 90% without much needed treatment.
During the week of August 31-September 7, we were able to reach over 927 of children through patient dental education/oral hygiene instructions at 7 different elementary schools and distribute over 1200 toothbrushes and toothpaste to the children. Our team addressed the restorative, hygiene and extraction needs of 876 people this week alone.
Great Shape/1000 Smiles can always use your help: dentists, assistants, hygienists or laypersons all are welcome!